Thursday, October 24, 2013

~*~More Fun Stitching~*~

Just wanted to show you another piece I finished for fun.  A friend of mine was gifted a Halloween tree to hang ornaments on.  I wanted to make something special for her to put on her new tree.  I can show this to you now since it arrived at her doorstep this week.
Hope it makes her smile when she looks at it!

And this is the back.......
I love to add little surprises to the back of my pieces.
x x x x x 

I also finished my PSS Farmstead piece that I've been working on.  I made a few changes, of course.....I left off the year and also the wording because I plan to finish it into a long skinny pillow.  Besides stitching the Palomino horse, Sunny,  that I'm learning to ride on..... I also added one of the other horses at my trainer's place, Harry.  He's a big brown and white Quarter horse and could pull that sleigh with ease, I'm sure.  My trainer, Ellen and her husband, have lots of animals, including all kinds of chickens.  Some of them lay green eggs.  I was so fascinated by that, I decided to add a chicken to the mix also :)
Learning to ride has been such a fun and positive experience and I look forward to every lesson.  This piece has become very special to me and will remind me of my new buddies, Ellen, Sunny, Harry and the green egg laying chickens:D
x x x x x
Now, it's back to work....(but it's still fun).  I've got my next piece for the Ladies Prim Society with Dyeing to Stitch to finish.  That deadline will be here before I know it and I want it all to be ready for the club release in mid-November.  Can't wait to show you it!
Happy Stitching or whatever makes your heart sing ;)
Smiles, ~Nan

16 comments:

moosecraft said...

Green eggs and ham? lol! Your stitching is beautiful... personalizing is what handmade is all about. Have a wonderful weekend!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

beautiful stitching my friend ~ love that little sled the workhorse is pulling :)
the chickens that lay colored eggs are Aracaunas otherwise known as the 'Easter Egg' chicken!
Blessed be,
L

HollyXSing said...

Too cute....I love your "personalized" version!

Any hints on the Prim Society piece you are working on???? Please, Please, PLease;)

-Holly in VA

Sandra said...

Love everything Nan. It must be nice to have wonderful fresh green eggs everyday. Just so cute that you thought to add a chicken to your piece. Made it very special indeed!
Blessings,
Sandra
Homespun Elegance
www.plainfancymerchant.blogspot.com

The Nebby Needle said...

Green eggs and ham is exactly what I first thought too! Funny, the two horses look just like the horses up the road from us...may have to make those changes as well. Giddy up!!! ~*

Robin in Virginia said...

Super post, Nan! Love your crow finish and the personalization on the back. Did you use a paper punch for it? Congratulations on getting your Farmstead piece finished! I really like your changes.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Robin in Virginia

Karen said...

Beautiful Nan.

Three Sheep Studio said...

I love how you have personalized this piece Nan.
Lucky friend who received the ornament for her tree.
Beautiful work !
Rose

Unknown said...

I am indeed a lucky friend!

Unknown said...

Wonderful crow perfect finish!!! You have finished your stitch!!!!

Michelle said...

Oh I love it x

Chris said...

Fabulous finish! I agree with your backing surprise theory, it is such a great place for another statement. Love your finish too. So nice to have something that you enjoy so much like the riding.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Mouse said...

awww that is such a lovely finish :) and love the touches you are putting on your sampler .... used to ride years ago and loved it .... :) love mouse xxxxx

Raymond Homestead said...

Love your work!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Nan, Such a sweet surprise for your friend!!!
Your Farmstead sampler is looking Fantastic!!!
Happy Stitchin'
Robin

Margs Primitive Quilts said...

I LoVE it ! Your stitching is lovely !