Thursday, March 12, 2015

My Turn to Blog Hop

I am so excited to share with you the project I've created for the Buttermilk Basin's Spring Thyme Blog Hop.   

I just love Spring!  Everything is new, fresh and green again.  I'm really looking forward to all of our Spring bulbs popping in the gardens.

With that thought and inspiration in mind, I created this...

"Tulip Hop Needlebook"





Model was stitched with one strand of floss over two linen threads.
Pattern Stitch Count: 59 by 21. 
Finished size: approx. 5" W by 8"H (open)
DMC Color Code
O ~ 830 Dark Golden Olive
B ~ 502 Blue Green
Supplies Needed
1 piece of 30ct Natural linen 6" x 9"
1 piece of backing fabric 6" x 9"
1 piece of wool 4" x 3"
1" vintage lace 5" long
floss
spool thread
walnut crystals (optional)

Finishing instrucions
If you want to stain your linen, do so before you begin to cross stitch your piece.  Spray or soak the linen with water.  Mix up a batch of walnut crystal mixture.  Use a sponge brush to randomly brush the linen with the staining mixture.  Let air dry or dry with a hair dryer for a faster result. Repeat if needed.
Start to cross stitch your design 1" from the bottom of the 6" linen side and centered.
Once completed, mark your seams on the back of the linen with a pencil line at ½" all the way around.
Place the linen and the backing fabric with right sides together and pin.  Sew along the pencil lines leaving an opening on the top large enough for turning.  Trim all seams to ¼" and snip your corners.  Turn right sides out and press.  Sew the opening closed with matching thread.
Fold your needlebook so there is a 1" reveal of the lining fabric on the bottom.  Attach the piece of lace to the front of your needle book with matching thread.
On the inside, position the piece of wool 1 ¼" from the bottom of the needlebook and whip stitch in place.  Add you favorite pins and enjoy!
*~*~*~*~*~*
Here is my recipe....East Oreo Truffles.
This is something my friends and I always have at every stitching get together. My friend Michelle brought them to our first one and they were such a hit, they are a now our get together must have.  Girls, Chocolate and Stitching!....LOL
Thank you all for following along!  I hope you have liked my hop offering and I would like to thank Stacy of Buttermilk Basin for organizing this Spring blog hop.  I was thrilled to be apart of it. 
There are 2 more days of hopping:)  
Smiles, ~Nan

36 comments:

susan hemann said...

very sweet project! like it the best

Crystal said...

Thanks for the pattern and recipe! Lovely design.

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Super! Many thanks! I don't know if I dare to try the Oreo Truffles - I would probably need a size bigger clothes!

Pamela said...

What a beautiful springy design!!!
Thank you!
and the oreo truffles look yummy!
thank you!!!!
Pam

Jacqueline said...

What a great finish to a great hop. Thank you all.

Kate said...

Such a lovely spring design - thank you. Your truffles sound divine.
Happy Spring

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beautiful design and the delicious-sounding recipe!

CindyC said...

I know what I'm going to be stitching today, my friend! I love this soooo much! THANK YOU for the awesome freebie, hon! XO

Lillian Carol said...

So sweet spring inspired project! Oreo truffles sound devine, will have to give them a try for sure!

Culinary Charlatan said...

Yay! Finally a cross stitch pattern on the Blog Hop and an adorable one, too! Thank you so much, Nan!!!

MoonBeam said...

Sweet little springy piece. Thanks, Nan.

Bobbi

linda said...

Thank you Nan! Very pretty design. What do you use your 45 degree ruler for?

Robin in Virginia said...

What a lovely spring design! I am glad to see a cross stitch design.

Robin in Virginia

PS Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I've been waiting for this day to arrive and I'm not disappointed ~ such a beautiful design for spring!!!
Thanks so much for sharing Nan!!!
Blessings
Robin

Paula said...

I love it! I've been wanting to make a needle book and none have "grabbed" me until this one. Thank you! Happy spring!

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Lovely needlebook Nan, thank you for sharing in the Hop!
My family will love your recipe, sounds delicious.

Spring blessings,
Carrie

TeresaM said...

How sweet Nan!!! I need to catch up on this hop! Gosh... where is the time going! Love your sweet little needle case!

Maria said...

beautiful spring project ;)
thank you
Maria

linda said...

Hi Nan, I just started mine but I think I made a mistake. When I start stitching is it an inch from the bottom of the short side? When I looked at the picture again, I realized I had it incorrect, I think.

Jo Ann said...

thank you, thank you, thank you for doing a cross stitch project. Love it, Jo Ann

Eszter/SubRosa said...

thank you♥

Unknown said...

Really great project, I love so much everything the stitch and the finishing!!!

Clare said...

Thank you,love your designs. Look forward to stitching,making up and using this one.Happy Stitching.

cindy lanahan said...

Just lovely. Your work is beautiful. the oreo truffles look delicious

Ronnie said...

I love it, thanks for sharing!

Barbara said...

I love the design of your needle case. I look forward to making it and to also trying your recipe. Thank you for sharing

Nancy said...

Your pinkeep is just beautiful. Thanks so much for the design and the pattern. I hope to make one soon.

Linda said...

Thank you for the sweet design. This hop is so enjoyable. Love your work.

Judy said...

Nan, Thank you so much for the lovely project. I am making it my weekend project!

Judy Heartland stitcher

Colleen said...

Thanks for the very sweet little pattern. We all need a little spring. Your finish is lovely. I may try it on a little needle box. Thanks again.
Colleen

Jennifer M said...

Nan it is beautiful and perfectly old looking. I love your designs, keep doing what you have been:)Great recipe and so yummie!

Jackie said...

So sweet and simple! Thank you.

Unknown said...

Ohh This is really gorgeous my friend and I love the crochet lace so much!!! When I have a little time I want to stitch this piece!

sarry said...

เว็บ luckywin98 เว็บรวบรวมเกมไว้มากมายไม่ว่าจะเป็นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์

sarry said...

เล่นง่ายสามารพารวยทางลัดสล็อตแตกง่าย

sarry said...

พนันออนไลน์ที่ให้คุณเดิมพันโดยที่ไม่ต้องผ่านเอเย่นต์ สล็อตเว็บตรง