Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Stitcher's Finish

Ooooh, I've got  the most wonderful finish to show you.  Myra of gr8damesplace.blogspot.com blog, sent in this pic.  She stitched my newest design "Wintertime" using coffee stained 32ct WDW Parchment and DMC Floss.
She added some rusty bells on the bottom.  A snowflake on the front and another
as a surprise, on the back.

I really enjoy getting these emails and like to share the finisher's words and thoughts.
So, here's what Myra wrote me....

Hi Nan!  I wanted to share with you my finish of Wintertime. Once again, I enjoyed every stitch. I am thinking I would like to stitch it again using a blue pallet of floss. I decided to make a door/cupboard  hanger and taking a cue from your Bountiful Blessings kit I added a little surprise in the form of a rusty tin snowflake to the back of mine. Thank you for a wonderful design and finishing inspiration.

Thank you Myra.  It's so much fun to see my designs done by a fellow stitcher.  I really love all the extra special touches you added!  Well done my friend and enjoy!
x x x x x
  Tomorrow I am headed to Lititz PA, with my good friend Mimi, for the Open House at Day's Gone By Creations.  And of course, a nice lunch, some antique shopping and chatting with friends.  I'll try and get some pics to post of our outing.  I try and do that and then end up having so much fun that the camera never comes out.  Maybe I'll make that Mimi's job:)
Smiles, ~Nan

9 comments:

Lisa Russell said...

Such a pretty finish and I love the pattern!have fun in Lititz!!

marly said...

Please take photos! Some of us live vicariously through bloggers with shops! Great finish.

Myra said...

Thanks for sharing my finish Nan. I loved how it turned out and can hardly wait to display. Oh do take lots of pictures on your trip and have fun!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Great finish Myra ~ I love that she added the snowflake on the back!!!
Have a great time in Lititz ~ hope you find lots of goodies!!!
Safe travels to you!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Myra is a crafter extraordinaire! She did a perfect rendition of your sweet pattern! :)
Your outing sounds like oodles of fun! Be safe!

moosecraft said...

An absolutely wonderful finish! Makes me want to start singing Christmas songs! :-)

Enjoy your day trip to Days Gone By! Looks like an awesome place to spend an afternoon. Maybe one day I will get out that way...

Dora said...

Beautiful finish from Myra!

Robin in Virginia said...

Have a super trip to Lititz, Nan! Love Myra's finished finish of Wintertime. Enjoy your weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Deb said...

What a wonderful finish, love it Myra!