Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Creations

These past few weeks, I've been having fun creating.  The other day I finally put the last stitch in the Christmas pieces I've been making.  If you got a chance to read my previous posts....my plan was to list them for sale in my Etsy shop.   Well, a friend saw them and called to ask if she could  purchase them.  AND if you know me, I can't say no to a friend.  I still wanted to show you what I created in hopes that it will still be of some inspiration to all the creative stitchers and finishers out there.
I reworked my "Holly Sampler" pattern so that it would be square and fit on this hanging bag finish that I wanted to make.

I used the motif from my "Be Ye Merry" pattern for the fabric covered box and added some special touches inside. 
I think my most favorite of the three is the sawdust filled holly pinkeep.  It's just so simple and prim......my favorite kind of piece.  I love the black and khaki striped homespun ticking that I chose to use.  I just recently purchased this fabric and I'm sure I'll be using it again on something soon.
x x x x x

As a little holiday surprise from me to you.....here is the holly border pattern
I stitched it with WDW Bullfrog and GA Country Redwood
using 30ct R&R Reproductions Old Mill Java linen.  I had some scraps leftover from a previous project and it just happened to be the perfect linen color.
The pinkeep measures 6 1/2" by 4" with the center ticking being 3" by 4"
I used the same ticking on the back.  I left a 1/2" seam allowance on all sides of the stitching before sewing it all together.  It's really quite an easy finish and hope you'll give it a try.
x x x x x 
There's still plenty to do around here to get ready for Christmas.  I'm off now to run some errands and do some last minute gift shopping.  Thank you for following along with me and I'm always so happy to hear from you and see your comments.  Enjoy these days leading up to Christmas and Happy Stitching.  
Smiles, ~Nan


25 comments:

Kate said...

Lovely pieces! Thank you for the holly border.
Merry Christmas!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Oh I bet your home is magical this time of the year!!! So beautiful Nan. Looking forward to all the designs that awaits us next year!!!

Sweet Sue said...

Very sweet finishes Nan, thx for the darling motif. Wishing you Happy Holidays and a new year filled with blessings!

Robin in Virginia said...

Thanks for the holly border chart! Your creations are fabulous!

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Nan!

Robin in Virginia

Unknown said...

As always I love everything you create! Thanks for always being such a good friend.... Merry Christmas.

Unknown said...

As always I love everything you create. I am lucky to call you my friend. Merry Christmas!

nathalie-poppy said...

Hi Nan !!!
Congrats for those lovely pieces of art !!!
You are very talented my friend !
Thanks for the holly border ...
I wish you Happy Holidays !!!
take care !!!
Love
Nat

HollyXSing said...

Merry Christmas, Nan!!!!! Thank you so much for the "Holly" Chart...it is right up my alley:) I just ordered off Etsy the Holly Sampler Chart and Beggar's Christmas Chart. I would love to know the threads and linen you used for the square version of your Holly Sampler. Are you willing to share?

All the best during this "Holly"day Season!

-Holly

backporchcarver said...

Thanks so much for the holly border design, I love it.Have a very Merry Christmas.

Kathy L. said...

Love all your finishes. You are such an inspiration. I can't wait to see what you have in store for next year. Thank you for the border. I can't wait to stitch it up.

Merry Christmas!

Kathy

moosecraft said...

Beautiful pieces, Nan! Your friend is lucky to have been able to get them! Thanks so much for the holly border! Very cute piece with the ticking! Merry Christmas to you and all the best in the New Year! I'm looking forward to seeing what you design for the Ladies Prim Society! Yep... I finally got myself signed up for it! :-)

msmartello said...

Hi Nan,
Thanks for sharing the holly border. I loved the pin cushion and how excited I was when I scrolled down and saw it there. Yippee!! I wish I could get it done before xmas but I have other things I need to finish up. Happy Holidays!!

Maureen

Beehive Needleworks said...

How very lovely Nan!
Wishing you a holiday season filled with joy, love, and special blessings!
Warmly,
Judy

Linda said...

Oh, I was just coveting that holly bordered pinkeep and scrolled down to find the chart. Happy Day! Thank you so much!!!

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Thank you Nan for your lovely holly pattern. Your designs are all so lovely. A very happy Christmas to you and yours. xx

Unknown said...

This is really a beautiful gift my darling!!! Your Christmas releases are really gorgeous!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

All are awesome--thank you for the freebie

linda said...

Love the holly! Thank you. I think holly is my very favorite motif for Christmas. Love all your work.

Myra said...

Thank you for the freebie Nan. I love all your creations but like you I think my favorite is the little pincushion. Merry Christmas!

denise said...

thanks for the freebie! Holly is one of my favorites since my daughter is named Holly!!

Three Sheep Studio said...

What beautiful pieces Nan !
You have so many friends because you are such a great friend to others !! ;)
Merry, merry Christmas Nan to you and your hubby !!
Rose

Karen said...

Love them! Thanks for the freebie too. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

happy stitching....

Michelle said...

Beautiful Nan x

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Thank you Nan for sharing with us not only your talent, but your inspiring finishes!

Merilde said...

Thank you, Nan! Holly is my absolute favorite decorating motif for the holidays, so this gift is wonderful. I can't wait to stitch up some "whatevers" with it!! Wishing you the best of the season and the best in the New Year!
Lori