Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Stitcher's Finish

My sweet friend, Linda, whose blog is Keeper of the Crowes, sent me a finish this week and I just couldn't wait to share it with you.  She stitched "Be Ye Merry" and it's finished into a pinkeep, much like the original design, except she added ruching.
In one word.....G O R G E O U S......
 And I love how she placed it in her new lollipop handled carrier that she just found this past Autumn.  So pretty with the greenery.

I found it a real coincidence, since I just happen to be stitching this same design this very week.  I've found myself with a bit of down time between projects and I thought I'd try and make a few finished pieces to sell in my Etsy shop this month.
I use to love doing that when I belonged to the "To Dwell in Primitive Thymes" online group and I miss it sometimes.  Here's what I have so far.....

Usually, when I stitch a design again, I like to mix it up a bit.  It gives me a chance at a kind of "WHAT IF"........ I plan to finish this differently too. 
 I used overdyed floss this time around.  Forest Glade, Lancaster Red and Heirloom Gold.  My good friend, Pat stitched her version with these colors and I loved it so much I decided to use her choices for this.  I love how it looks on this dark WDW Cocoa linen too.
x x x x
Well, a big thank you Linda for stitching and sharing your beautiful piece with me.
I'll keep you posted with my stitching and finishing progress.
Have a wonderful week my friends!
~Nan

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Really great finish !!!

Unknown said...

Lovely work, no atmosphere and mood. I love samplers because they have an incredible charm.Greetings from Polish

moosecraft said...

Beautiful! Both of them! I'm beginning to realize that my favorite holiday decorations are seasonal stitched pillows tucked here and there...

Mary said...

A beautiful finish by Linda of a wonderful design! So pretty with the ruching, too.

I love your designs, Nan.
Thank you for sharing your talents with our stitching community.

Keeper of the Crowes said...

So sweet of you to post my finish, Nan. I love this design so much that I had to share it with you. Can't take any credit for the finishing, my wonderful finisher did that! I love the ruching, too! I agree with "moosecraft". Love finding new places to tuck season pillows.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Linda *always* have beautiful gorgeous things to share! And I was just looking at this very pattern in your Etsy shop :)

Myra said...

That is a gorgeous finish!

Michelle said...

Beautiful finish x

Unknown said...

Great stitches dear friend I ove the Christmas one!!

Lori Ann Corelis said...

Just beautiful . . . what a lovely design too!

May your holiday be merry and full of twinkly lights!
L