Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Today's Projects

 I just thought I'd check in to say hi.
Today was really a lovely day.  
Sunny and warm, but not too warm.
Perfect for gardening and I still have
plenty that needs tending to.
Here were today's projects....
Planted some pots and the window boxes 
on the shed.  They look pretty wimpy right
now so I hope to show you them in a few weeks.
Got the fountain working and filled
for our fine feathered friends
Yep....still need to weed.
Taking it one day at a time :)
Planted a bed next to the deck with 
Frilly Russian Sage and Impatiens.   
These should fill in nicely and the 
sage will come back every year....I hope anyway :)
 Installed a new iron trellis for the 
Clematis Vine.  Should be very 
pretty once it starts blooming.
x x x x x
I also did some finishing work, printed charts,
 worked on the instructions for a new chart
 and even did a little chatting on the phone
with a few friends.  Not a bad day!
Hope your day was full and filled with 
things you love too.
Smiles, ~Nan

11 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your garden is looking lovely, restful and inviting--love your water fountain. Weeds? I have plenty of those--they are always waiting and calling to me

Mary A said...

I love your America banner in your heading. Did you make it? So appropriate for this time of year. Mary A

linda said...

A rewarding satisfying day. Pretty fountain and sage.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Your gardens are looking great, Nan.
Every garden needs a bird bath or, as in your case, a fountain !
Rose

moosecraft said...

Ahhhh... it's garden time! Nice touches throughout!

Debbi said...

Can I ask you a question regarding your Clematis...do you cut it down every year or just leave it alone at the end of the season?

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Just to answer a few questions. To Mary A. The AMERICA Banner was made by Ivonne of The Crackling Crows. She has a wonderful array of banners. They are the best. Here is her blog http://folkartbythecracklingcrows.blogspot.com/

To Debbi...It is really best to leave clematis alone. You can trim off dead wood but don't cut down. I learned the hard way and it has never been as full and beautiful as it originally was when we moved into this house. Plus they love their roots cool so I plant around them so their feet are in the shade.

Both of you have your blogs set to no reply so I could not email you.
Thanks for visiting! Nan

Beehive Needleworks said...

Oooooh, I love the fountain! I am certain that your garden visitors do as well...there is nothing as delightful as the sight and sound of a water feature.
Happy blooms to you!
Sending hugs...
Judy

Michelle said...

Beautiful xx

Sharon said...

Lovely gardening Nan, I have the black thumb of death. I kill everything! LOL My favorite would have to be the trellis you installed. Sounds like you had a wonderfully productive day.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Enjoy your summer fun - playing in the dirt! Like your new blog design!