Thursday, June 6, 2013

Still Another Stitcher's Finish...and More

Guess we're on a roll here gang.  YAY!

Judy of Attic Raggedys and a fellow member of
Samplermakers with me, sent in two pics of her finishes.
First is "Grey House"
Just lovely and in the perfect frame.
AND
"Happy 4th"
She wanted to be able to leave this out all year
so she left off the saying.
Beautiful stitching Judy.
 Thanks for sharing your stitches with us.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Here's something I completed a few weeks ago 
and thought I'd add it to this finishing post ; )
I stitched "Down Virginia Way"
Yep....again :)  I just really enjoy this pattern so much.
I turned under the edges, stitched a tiny running stitch 
to hold the seams in place and then
 attached it to a piece of frayed homespun.  I wrapped
it around an old tea tin and just sewed it together in
the back where the homespun met.
It's a keeper :)
~*~*~*~*~*~
Our gardens are starting to really take off with blooms.
Hope to show you some new pics of it soon.
~*~
Stitching a few summer designs that I hope to 
put in my Etsy shop for sale, so keep watching.
~*~
AND don't forget.... the next Ladies Prim Society
design release is due out very soon!
I know I promised a sneak peek......soon, soon.  
I haven't forgotten.
I know you club members are excited and
 I'm probably more excited than you. lol  It's true! 
I love this club.  It's so much fun!!!!
 I'll be back with another post soon.
Smiles, ~Nan
 


8 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Beautiful finishes!!!
I like the way you did your finish Nan ~ It's always nice to see something different other than putting it in a frame or making a pinkeep.
TFS
Prim Blessings
Robin

msmartello said...

Great finish Nan! That is a keeper! How many times have you stitched it. Just curious!

Maureen

moosecraft said...

Pretty! And, I love the finishing you did with the Down Virginia Way... it's perfect for that design!
Sure wish I had signed on for the Prim Society... but, I can barely keep up with what I have now... lol! ;-)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous finishing dear Nan I love so much the jar!!! <3<3<3

Lynn said...

Judy's finishes are lovely but I'm really taken with your finish on the tin can. I'm always looking for different ways to finish off my stitching and this one is quite unique!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Very creative finish--will have to remember. Glad your garden is doing well-spent the morning quilting and the afternoon weeding

Three Sheep Studio said...

I love how you secured one of your designs around a tin container. When I first looked at it, I thought it might have been a candle. Now that is an idea...
Lovely work, Nan ;)
Rose

Sandra said...

Great post Nan. Such great finishes and and your garden is beautiful.
Blessings,
Sandra
Homespun Elegance
www.plainfancymerchant.blogspot.com