Sunday, October 11, 2009

Gift for a Friend

I have met some wonderful people since starting Threadwork primitives and we love to share tips on how to's. I have a new blog friend that recently sent me some prairie cloth just so I could give it a try, stitching on it. She just sent it to me out of the blue because she stitches with it and I had never tried it. I wanted show her how much her sweet gesture meant to me. So, to give her a BIG thank you, I stitched up this ditty bag with her initials on it using some of the prairie cloth she had sent. It arrived at her door last week and she emailed to say she was so surprised and loved it.
I really enjoyed stitching on the prairie cloth and I just couldn't wait to get it done and send it off to her. I was so happy that she liked it.
She is a fabulous stitcher and has a new store opening on Etsy soon, called Old Threads. Can't wait to see what she has in store for us all.
Happy Fall and Primitive Blessing.
~Nan

9 comments:

taylors*farmhouse*attic said...

That is beautiful!!!!~~hugs,Jen

Robby said...

Rats....wish my initials were SH..lol She will be thrilled!!! I love your work...beautiful. xxxRobby

Angie said...

i love it~beautiful!

Catherine said...

Love it, love it, love it!! Wish I had thought to send you the prairie cloth!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Very pretty! You did a great job and I can see why she was thrilled.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Nan you did a wonderful job on that..:)

Audrey said...

Where do you get those neat little black scissors??? Your work is so nice. I made the BOO piece yesterday like you showed the other day. That was a nice quick fun project.

Aunt Polly's Attic said...

Beautiful!!! I can see why your friend was thrilled.

Teresa

CindyMae said...

That is gorgeous!!