Thursday, July 16, 2015

Road Trip ~ Stitch Camp 2015

My friends and I returned home earlier this week from our trip to Country Sampler in Spring Green Wisconsin.  It was a long drive, but well worth it.

On the 1st day of camp we all met in the schoolroom where a yummy breakfast and our agenda for the week awaited.    



The schoolroom is just a lovely place to work 


and we all got busy on the project at hand.


Our class project was this velvet lined metal cash box and accessories to go with it.


Our teacher for the event was Stacy Nash.


Here are my box and heart scissor holder, along with the cute name badge necklace we all got. 


Got these accomplished the first day. We were a very focused table...lol
Some of my table mates.  Pat and Barbara.  


My friends and I had to get a pic with Patti from http://windingvine.blogspot.com/
We have been online friends for years, so It was really nice to finally meet her in person.  

Theresa(Tee), Patti, Me and Pat

It was such a treat to be able to share this event with two of my favorite buddies Pat and Tee and it was great fun to meeting everyone there.  Lots of new friendships were formed!

 Here are some pics of our classmates.





Jeanne and the shop gals just made everything so special every day! Thank you!
Pat and I stayed upstairs in the apt. and we had such a great time with our roomies, Pam, Jean, Carol and Sarah.  Thanks for such a wonderful welcome, your friendship, and the wine, stitching and chatting.
A special thank you to Pam for having coffee ready every morning.....I owe you gf.

Still smiling ~Nan

8 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

It looks like it was a lot of fun, Nan! Very cool project! Getting together for a weekend with new and old stitching friends is the best!

Robin in Virginia

Ann said...

Sounds like a wonderful time--and the project is to die for!

pj said...

Great pics Nan! It was such a fun weekend! I enjoyed getting to know you and Pat and fun that we got to stay together. The food was amazing and I really liked the project! Learning tips and shopping is the icing on the cake. Glad you made the trip! Hope our paths cross again.....Hawaii maybe? Ha! Love to tease you.

Lori Ann Corelis said...

Looks like you all had an awesome time!
Friendships built thru stitches . . . always perfect!
L

Carol Bisek said...

Looks like great fun. I'll be watching for next year's retreat!

Doreen Frost said...

Wonderful pics Nan. Looks like such great fun!!!

:) Doreen

Faye said...

You all look like a very attentive class! I know you had a little fun along the way too~:)) thanks for sharing all the pics... I know you had a wonderful time bonding with Pat and Tee~~

Ele said...

great pics! looks like lots of fun