Saturday, November 13, 2010

More Holiday Stitching

I finished this piece this morning and thought I'd share it with you before I backed and stuffed it.  This design is by LaDDa from the 2009 JCS Ornament issue.  I stitched this on 30 ct R&R Dark Cappuccino Linen.  The words were stitched using the called for Gloriana Silk thread in a color called Winter Woods.  It doesn't look anything like the color in the magazine and did not go with the DMC conversion colors, so I had to improvise and pick colors that match the skein I received.  I was disappointed with the color of the skein, but now that its stitched, I like the way it turned out.
It invokes the word Plum Pudding : )
I want to thank everyone who stopped by for my "Merry Christmas" freebie pattern and also to Maria and Claudine for posting the link on their blog.  I am blessed to have such wonderful blogging friends.  I plan to have more freebie charts in the future.  It was so much fun to hear from all of you.
I'll be spending the weekend working on getting my new pattern "Woodland Noel" together and hope to have it ready for release early next week.   I've had a great response to it and hope you'll enjoy stitching it as much as I did. 
Wishing you all a wonderful Fall weekend and as always,
Happy Stitching!
~Nan 

6 comments:

staci said...

I love this! It's absolutely lovely

Karen said...

Very pretty! I know the finishing will be nice too. Happy finishing!

Lili said...

so beautiful!
have a nice weekend.

~Judy~ said...

Love the floss color in this and the fabric behind it too. Looks perfect together.

Lola said...

pretty pretty pretty! I love Christmas...

Anonymous said...

Love what you are working on,,I'll be first in line to get your noel pattern!!

Have a great weekend..
Ronda