Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Different Finish

As I mentioned yesterday I'm doing a lot of finishing work.  I'm getting ready for TDIPT Mercantile on the 15th and wanted to stitch my new design "BE YE MERRY with a different finish.  So here it is.  I hand stitched the sampler on to an Army Green wool bag.  


This is super thick wool and so cozy. I've edged the top in the softest red brushed cotton homespun.  This just exudes the feeling of Christmas to me and I really like the way it came out.   I hope you do too.


It seems the consensus on St. Noel is to use the black and green wool
as pictured in my last post.  Thank you to all of you who left me your feedback.  I love getting input from my fellow bloggers and alway enjoy reading your comments.
I'll be working on St. Noel  this week to ready the finish for TDIPT, along with all the
other stitching I have planned : )
Oh how I love my stitching.
Have a wonderful day !
~Nan 

11 comments:

Laura said...

Nan, your designs are absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!! This project in particular is stunning. I am hoping to add some of your charts to my home soon!!!!!

Maria said...

Nan this finish is very pretty...
this pattern is so beautiful ;)
ciao Maria

Karen said...

That is just too cute! I agree...it definitely says Christmas. Can't wait to see you next one.

bayrayschild said...

No matter what the finish is they are always beautiful!

Audrey

Susan Pilotto said...

Hi Nan...wonderful feeling to that piece...B E A U T I F U L !!! Hugs Susan

Dora said...

It's beautiful, Nan! I love seeing your finishes.

Kerri Arthur said...

Nan,
This came out just beautiful,
I really like the colors and although I can't feel them, the textures sound so nice!

Well done!
Hugs,
Kerri

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Thank you so much girls for all your support and for your wonderful comments. It really means a lot to me and I appreciate your input and feedback.
Smiles,
~Nan

Moonpie primitives said...

Hi Nan:
It looks like you had a great stitching weekend...I love your last two posts...beautiful work..
Happy stitching,Nancy

Lola said...

Beautiful! I love everything you do!!! Brightest Blessings to you!

Pranaya Mathur said...

Really liked this one and that is quite a nice and interesting information.
Regards,
Haldwani to Lucknow Taxi Fare