Saturday, November 20, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS WALL POCKET

About a year ago, my friend Robby in Scotland, taught me how to make a wall pocket.  As I contemplated a finish for my Merry Christmas piece, the wall pocket idea came to mind.
You can slip in a few Christmas cards or maybe a candy cane or two.
Here's the link for the tutorial that Robby put together.
http://cashstrappedcrafting.blogspot.com/2009/04/fabric-wall-pocket.html
They're so fun to make.
I really love to do different finishes for my cross stitch pieces.  Framing is nice, but there are so many different ways to display your needlework.  It's so much fun to add a bit of whimsy or surprise to a piece.
* * * * * * *


I also decided to stitch a freebie by Pineberry Lane.  It's a quick stitch that I think I'll make into a small ornament.  I may actually make a few of these.   I stitched this on Prairie Grain Linen with GA Rhubarb for the word Xmas and Ecru for the star.

Well, I'm feeling a bit under the weather today, so I think I'll take it easy the rest of the day.
Stitching will have to wait.  Time for some hot soup and a cup of tea.
Hope you are enjoying the day and thank you for stopping by to visit.
Smiles,
~Nan 

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Hope you get to feeling better! Love the Pineberry freebie can't wait to see your finish for it! The wall pocket is a great idea! Thanks for sharing it!!

Anonymous said...

Nan,,,lovely...thank you for the link on the wall pocket, I love it..hope you are having a great weekend...

Simple blessings,
~Ronda

The Crackling Crows Banners said...

Oh no Nan...I hope you are feeling better soon!

Smiles Ivonne

The Crackling Crows Banners said...

I love your Merry Christmas Wall Pocket...looks great Nan...it looks like a lot of work!

Smiles Ivonne

Lana Manis said...

Nan, I know this is an old post... but I ran across it and LOVE the background fabric in the last photo... is it old or something you purchased in the last few years? Any idea of where it can be found? Thanks! :)