Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Holiday Stitching

My fingers have been busy and I have some pics to show
you of the pieces I've just finished stitching.
This is a design I created last year around this time.  When I first stitched 
it last year I did it in blues and browns, but this year I wanted
 to stitch it again in traditional colors.  I added a few more snowflakes
this time and I think I prefer it in these colors.  
This will be a pinkeep.  I'll back it in some homespun, stuff it
and trim it with tinsel.  I love the look of tinsel trim and can't
wait to see how it looks on this.


Here's last years version in the blues and browns.


* * * * *
I also did up a very simple design using the words
"Merry Christmas"
I love the simplicity of it.  I stitched this on prairie cloth using 
Victorian Motto Sampler thread.  You should try them if you haven't already.
Nancy has some really beautiful colors that you'll find yourself drawn to over 
and over again.
I hope to make this into a hanging pinkeep.  I think this one will look cute with a
few rusty jingle bells on it.
Well, I hope everyone is having a wonderful week.  I'm looking forward
to another stitching weekend.  So much to get done for my
TDIPT listing on the 15th.
* * * * * 
Happy Stitching,
~Nan 

15 comments:

Laura said...

I love your patterns!!!!! I am hoping to purchase some when my ship comes in! Hopefully, early next year! Thanks for such a beautiful blog!

Christine said...

Just beautiful! I love how creative you are with all your pieces!
Christine

KarenV said...

They're all lovely - I love the little reindeer!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Those are so cute !!!!

Maria said...

Nan this pattern is very beautiful ;)
so holiday ;)
ciao Maria

Patti said...

Love these designs!
Hope that you offer them as patterns ;)

Blessings, Patti

Nicole said...

Beautiful! I love them all!!

Anonymous said...

Nan,,

Just love your design..Where would I get that kind of threads? And I checked your Etsy shop for this pattern...let me now...email me or convo me on Etsy..thanks

Simple blessings,
~ronda

Dora said...

Beautiful designs and just in time for the season. Fabulous as always.

Karen said...

Those are great...I especially like the Merry Christmas. Can't wait to see the finishing on these.

Sharon said...

They look wonderful. I really love the Merry Christmas one. Are you going to sell that pattern?

Deborah said...

Love both of the designs. The reindeer are really cute.

staci said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your finishes! They are sooo cute! Did I mention that I really like them???

Marianne said...

Love your Noel Nan and thank you so much for the Merry Christmas freebie! Is Noel one that will be for sale? Love it!

angelasweby said...

Your work is really inspiring. i always enjoy visiting your blog. Thanks so much for this lovely freebie.
Warm wishes Angela