Thursday, September 8, 2016

Release Day is Here...

and I could not be more excited to finally show you my two new designs.

"Eternal Sleep Threadkeep"


I think this is such a fun piece to use and display at Halloween and couldn't resist adding a Moon pocket on the back for scissors and such.  This is my first tombstone design. It came about as a request from my friend, DixieSamplar, who found a picture of an old unusual grave stone and asked if I'd chart a design around it.


Stitch Count:  91W by 95H
Linen: 32ct Vtg. River Rock by Dixiesamplar Hand Dyed Fabrics
Gentle Art: Carriage Black and Heirloom Gold
Blackberry Primitives Wool: Slate and Yarrow

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Bittersweet October"


I created this design to insert into one of LeHay's #2 Shaker Carriers, but this could also be finished on top of an oval paper mache box. 
This model was stitched so beautifully by my dear friend Cindy Ruckman Cabrey.


Stitch Count: 82W by 49H
Linen: 32ct Americana Froth by Dames of the Needle
Gentle Art: Pumpkin Pie, Burlap, Gold Leaf.  
Classic Colorworks: River Rocks, Pea Pod
Finished in a LeHay's #2 Shaker Carrier in Antique Natural.


I hope you like what I've created for this new Fall season!  These will be available in shops very soon and are also listed in my Etsy shop for your convenience. 

As always, thank you for stopping by and many happy stitches my friends!
Smiles, ~Nan


5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Nice, Nan! My favorite is the one adorning the Shaker carrier. Well done!

CindyC said...

These are just awesome, Nan! You've done it again! :) <3

Sandra said...

I love the Tombstone Angel, I shall have to get that. Unfortunately the carriers are far too expensive to have shipped to the UK.

Karen said...

So so nice! I hear those birds calling me!

Three Sheep Studio said...

Your new designs are lovely Nan !
I especially like the shaker carrier. It's a wonderfully clever and attractive finish. ;)
Rose