Friday, August 1, 2014

A very happy Friday to you all.....
Thank you to all my friends and followers for your patience while getting these 2 new patterns ready for release. Your emails and comments are always so heartwarming and so supportive.  You have no idea how much they mean to me.

First up.....

"All American Finn"

A special thank you to my friend Gretchen Hubert, for being the inspiration behind "All American Finn".   Without her, Finn would never have come to life!  
The model for Finn is stitched on 35ct Weeks Dye Works Cocoa linen with  WDW- Parchment and Gentle Art - Schoolhouse Red, Black Crow, and Barn Grey. 
The stripes of the flag are charted and can either be stitched or 1/8” red ric rac may be attached, as was done on the model.  I have lots of the vintage red ric rac that I've also listed in my Etsy Shop.  I chose to attach this to a handmade hornbook, but this would look wonderful on an antique breadboard or even framed.

Next is......                        
"Cottage Rose"

This sweet little design if comes with two charts for both finishes.  A pinkeep and a broom wrap finish.  Cottage Rose is on 32ct Zweigart Vintage Heritage with Weeks Dye Works - Kudzu and Gentle Art - Burlap, Brandy and Country Redwood.

I've added these new designs and the ric rac to my Etsy Shop and they should soon be in your Local Needlework Shop.

Another new design is in the works!  Feeling in the mood for some Halloween stitching:)

Remember.....if you're on facebook and want to belong to a great primitive stitching group, please think about joining The Prim Stitchers Society.  We now have close to 2400 members and there is always something to see and learn.  I'm on there every day to see what's new and to connect with the members.  I have made so many new friends and we are very supportive of each other in so many ways. 

Enjoy your weekend! Happy Stitching and thank you for stopping by.
Smiles, ~Nan


12 comments:

moosecraft said...

All American Finn is awesome! I'll put him on my list for future stitching! :-)

Pamela said...

Love your new designs! Finn looks like a fun stitch.

Looking forward to your new Halloween design.

Pam

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely new designs, Nan! Off to ponder which one to purchase first. Enjoy your weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Rugs and Pugs said...

I LOVE Finn!
Hugs :)
Lauren

marly said...

Great designs as always. I visited the Facebook page and need a lesson! So much to see and read I didn't know where to go, and I'll have to learn so I don't miss anything.

Ronda said...

Love these Nan, especially Finn

LaNelle said...

Nan, as usual they are outstanding! So looking forward to seeing Halloween too....I must say I wasn't a fan of FB before I joined our Prim group but I'm so VERY glad each & every day that I did just love the fellowship it gives me even though it's long distance, just such a day brighter to see, read others x-stitch journey. Blessing....

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

It's a beautiful set of designs! I particularly love the whale :) just darling!

Shirlee said...

Both are great!

Katken said...

My Finn is ordered at Tomirrows Heirlooms!! Not sure why I'm getting such a kick out if whales thus summer but Finn just makes me smile!

msmartello said...

Love the new designs Nan! So sweet!!!
Take care

Maureen

margie said...

Hi Nan,

Finn is a delightful design --- living on the coast of southeastern Connecticut, where the whaling industry was huge in the 19th century, I must stitch this one! With your permission, I might change the date to reflect the whaling history here in CT.

Margie