Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's A Wrap ~ Basket Bands

I stitched up something a little different this time. This was my first try at a basket band or wrap and I ended up making two of them. For this round nantucket basket I used some tea stained linen and used seam binding for a tie in the back. The patten is part of a Stacy Nash Primitives Sampler but I had to redesign it a bit and make it smaller so that it would fit on the band. I added the ABC to give it more of a school girl sampler feel.


This is the second one I stitch up using some stitch band that I had in my stash. These were a lot of fun and pretty easy to do. And I just love Stacy's fancy peacock.

Thanks for taking a look and Happy stitching.
~Nan

13 comments:

~Judy~ said...

Love this!!

Robby said...

WOWIE!!!!! Nan you are the best!!!! xxxRobby

Melissa said...

Nan, this is absolutely gorgeous!

~ Stitchin Sweet Sue ~ said...

Beautiful, hope you enjoy it very much!

Sweet Stitchin...

mainely stitching said...

It looks great, and I just LOVE the finish with the ribbon tie. I tried something like this last year with an M Designs chart that I really loved, but I fluffed the finish-finishing. Ribbon! Brilliant!

Gollywobbles said...

You do such beautiful work Nan!

Blessings,
Sam

Daffycat said...

Oooo, wonderful! I really like these!

anniebeez said...

Gorgeous! Your baskets are fabulous too!

Cathy said...

I love it! It's absolutely gorgeous!

Cathy ♥

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I love those on the basket..you did a fab!!! job..:)

CindyMae said...

I love that! It is gorgeous and adds so much to the basket! Beautiful!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Everything you do is beautiful.

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

As always, thank you all for taking time out of your busy lives to visit my blog. Thanks for all the support and kind words, I can't tell you how much it really means to me.
~Nan