Monday, August 29, 2016

A Fall Finish

Here is the little Fall ditty I started stitching last week.  I collect slaw boards and thought it would be fun to create a hanging for one.
This will be one of my listings on PHM next month.


In case you are wondering.....A slaw board...or cabbage cutter is a term used for these old wooden slicers.  I have quite a collection of them.  
I try to find ones that different and 
have a nice patina to them.  I display and hang them around our kitchen.



Happy Monday all.....~Nan

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a lovely fall finish, Nan! So, what is a slaw board? Enjoy your week!

denise said...

Love it😍

Sweet Sue said...

lovely new design and great collection!

Mary A said...

I love this finishing technique! I'm always on the look out for ways to finish my projects other than to frame or turn into a pillow. I really like that it's not permanently mounted too. So clever!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Very clever finish. I love it!
Hugs :)
Lauren

jan said...

It's great, Nan! I love your creative finishes, not to mention the stitch. ... jan

Abigail said...

I love your design and I have discover what is a slaw board thanks to you and I have bought my first one !