Sunday, February 21, 2016

Making of a Drum

For a long time now, I've been wanting to stitch my design "Down Virginia Way" and make it into a little drum finish.  This week I put needle to linen and got it stitched.
I had to rework it a bit to make it fit.  I removed the alphabet that was orig to the design and replaced it with a hive with some flying bees. I stitched it on 32ct Days Gone By linen, but kept the called for threads.


This afternoon I got it all finished up and I love how it turned out.  All of about 4" high.
It's a very sweet little drum indeed. 
 *   *   *
I am determined to fill up my table at the Prim Stitchers Retreat in GA next month and this will be headed down there with me.
I am always happiest on the days I am creating!
Smiles, ~Nan

8 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Beautiful!

marly said...

Perfect! Beautiful job and the house is ideal for this finish.

Robin in Virginia said...

It looks fabulous as a drum, Nan. Well done!

Jacqueline said...

Really, really cute.

Jennie in GA said...

Great finish. I love the addyofvthe beehive and bees.

moosecraft said...

Perfect design for a drum... love the little bee hive! :-)

Fran Caswell said...

Just beautiful.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a sweet finish, Nan! it's darling.