Tuesday, September 22, 2009

New Sewing Room

Well, it was a lot of work but we finally got new carpet put down throughout the house. We had to move everything we own into about 3 rooms of our house. We could hardly move around. It sure looks wonderful and it feels so nice under my feet. I have to say, I do like the smell of new carpet. Haven't had that smell in the house for about 16 years.
Bill worked all summer trimming out the rooms upstairs and getting them painted. This is my new sewing room : ) I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. It's really big and I have tons of room for my antiques, fabrics and sewing items. I'm not done decorating it yet, we only just got the furniture moved into this room on Sunday. I still want to hang some prints up and a wall quilt over the drysink. I have a great view of my garden and lots of natural light. It feels so good to be organized again and I find myself wanting to hang out in here all the time now. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions on what it could use or a different layout, please leave a comment. Have a great week and happy stitching.
~Nan




10 comments:

ohiofarmgirl said...

Your room is beautiful...I adore the large windows. Now I can't imagine having this kind of space to sew. Enjoy. Dianntha

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

wow that is a big room and I can't wait to see it all up and running..love the big windows..great for crafting..:)

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Would love to see some of your finishes up on those bare walls...

Deb said...

Beautiful room - those windows are to die for - lots of natural light and you can look out at the world while you sew. You must be so thrilled!

Robby said...

Your room is stunning.....don't look at my sewing room if you visit....xxxRobby

Anonymous said...

Your sewing room is beautiful! I love the paint colour and the simple rustic furniture, and of course your display of gorgeous fabric and quilts ~ I could imagine many hours of sewing there just gazing out of the window, enjoy! Ann

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Absolutly beautiful!! I would love to have that kind of room and be organized!

Lynn said...

Hi Nan

OMG....I Love your new sewing room. So bright and cheery and full of the things you love.

Im so envious. Smiles,Lynn

Cindy at Mountain Hollow said...

I love your new room. I am sure you will enjoy that.

Gracestefan said...

When you spouse with us for your home furniture needs, you know you’re receiving an inheritance piece that will encounter and surpass your prospects.